Westwood COVID-19 Guidelines and Restrictions
Please understand that all of the information listed below is fluid and is dependent upon updated guidance throughout the summer from NYS and Westchester County Department of Health, and what we observe at the club. If you disagree with any of the guidelines or believe you will not be able to comply, please contact us before coming to the club.
- Opening day is on target for July 1.
- The tennis courts are open to paid members. Please reserve courts by clicking here and using our online system.
- Any change in our ability to open because of restrictions from New York State or Westchester County or other unforeseen circumstances will be posted here and on our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.
- Weekday morning adult lap swim will start on Thursday, July 2, from 6:00 am – 8:00 am. The hours are also posted on our home page.
- Email email@example.com for specific questions about your membership and paying dues for the 2020 season.
- Late fees for the 2020 season are suspended and the club will refund those already paid.
- There are no guests allowed this year. If you purchased guest fees while paying for your dues this year, you can choose to either carry them over to next season or request a refund of guest fees.
COVID Safety, Distancing, Restrictions:
These are our working plans and could change based on day-to-day observations and needs. Please understand that we are a small club operating for the first time during a global pandemic. We want to keep everyone safe and comfortable while also maintaining the best parts of a Westwood summer experience.
- New York’s Governor Cuomo has issued an executive order mandating self-quarantine for anyone traveling from a list of Restricted States.
- You must not come to the club if you or any member of your household has traveled to/from one of the identified states that require a 14 day quarantine until you have completed your 14 day quarantine and are not ill. Failure to comply with New York’s quarantine restrictions may result in forfeiture of your membership.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by all members over the age of 2 while:
- entering and exiting the club,
- using restrooms,
- using the playground,
- moving in shared areas.
- Members will be denied access to the club if they are not wearing a mask or face covering upon entering the facility. The staff appreciates your cooperation.
- Parents and guardians are expected to ensure their children are respecting social distancing and face-covering guidelines. Please contact us before coming to the club if you do not believe you can ensure your children follow the safety guidelines.
- The pool will operate at no more than 50 percent capacity bather load. It’s a big pool, it’s usually not a problem. However, if (as an example) we have four 90+ degree days in late July, our director and COVID safety person will limit pool time and ensure capacity is not exceeded.
- We are not currently requiring registration or time slot sign-ups. This is subject to change.
- All staff and members need to maintain social distancing of 6 feet. In areas where a 6-foot distance from others (not in your party) is not feasible, masks or face coverings must be worn.
- All staff will have their temperature checked upon arrival to their shift.
- All families must take their temperatures at home before coming to the facility and shall stay home if your temperature is elevated over 100.4 degrees, or show symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in direct contact with someone who has symptoms or is suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Groups must be at a maximum capacity of 10 to a group.
- The bathrooms are restricted to 4 occupants at a time unless the occupants are within the same family.
- Showers and changing areas are closed this year. Come in your bathing suit to avoid utilizing the changing areas.
Facilities, Grounds, and Lessons:
- Basketball and volleyball are on hold and still under consideration.
- Due to current COVID restrictions, ping pong paddles and balls, Wiffle ball, and shuffleboard will not be rented by the pool. Families can choose to bring these items.
- The diving boards and water slide will be open, social distancing markers are in place for the queue areas.
- The playground will be open and subject to social distancing rules. Masks must be worn at the playground.
- Picnic tables are set at a social distance and shall not be moved by members.
- There will be no group swimming lessons this season.
- High contact areas (bathrooms, counters, handrails, play equipment) will be cleaned multiple times per day.
- Members are responsible for hand cleanliness. Both bathrooms will be furnished with soap and warm water.
- Members must bring their own grilling equipment this year and wipe down grill handles.
Adapting and Adjusting:
- The Westwood board of trustees continues to meet weekly to review the latest updates, guidelines, and directives from the county and state and their impact on our season.
- Guidelines and restrictions may be lifted, changed, or added based on our understanding of New York State, Westchester County, and CDC COVID-19 current and future guidelines.
- We will continue to communicate any updates via this page and email to membership.