Westwood Dolphins Swim team is the heart and soul of Westwood and is a terrific way to teach children about being competitive in a fun and friendly environment. Our Dolphins, aged 5-17 years old, develop their swimming strokes, all the while enjoying team breakfasts, Fun day Fridays, ribbon races, pizza parties and more! Swimmers participate in meets held during the week at various clubs located in Southern Westchester County. Westwood’s swim team is a Division 3 team and a member of the Westchester Southern Swim Conference.
John Yearwood – Head Swim Team Coach: ASCA Level 3 certified coach. Also holds certifications in WSI, Lifeguarding, CPR, RTE, and is a Certified Pool Operator
Rebecca Fahey – Assistant Coach
Blanka Kozma – Assistant Coach
Date & Time
Swim Team 7:45 am – 9:45 am Monday – Thursday, Friday 11:00am to 12:00pm for a period 6 weeks
- Children ages 6yrs to 17yrs. (in some cases we accept 5-year-olds, must be under 18yrs to compete in meets)
- Swimmer must be able to pass the deep water test
- Meets are held during the week
- Transportation provided for scheduled (non-invitational) away meets – bus departs from Westwood lot
- Team Awards Dinner held at the end of season (1st Week of August)
- Member of the Westchester Southern Swim Conference
- Our Dolphins have had a 4-1 record each of our last two years! We are a competitive team in our conference.
Click here for Westwood Dolphins swim team merchandise and instructions on ordering