Guidelines for Tennis and Pickleball
The courts are open for paid members. When playing doubles, arrange to play with family members or others who live in your household or are individuals who you consider to be low-risk.
To use the courts, you must first book the court online through Westwood’s court registration system. Garbage receptacles are removed. Please carry out with you what you bring onto the courts. Lessons are not being offered at this time.
Below is an overview of our club tennis rules. If you have questions about tennis or pickleball that are not answered below, please email Rob Vetere by clicking here.
- New York’s Governor Cuomo has issued an executive order mandating self-quarantine for anyone traveling from a list of Restricted States.
- You must not come to the club if you or any member of your household has traveled to/from one of the identified states that require a 14 day quarantine until you have completed your 14 day quarantine and are not ill.
- Visiting Westwood while you are within your 14-day quarantine period may result in forfeiture of this season’s membership, your bond (if applicable), and being denied future membership at Westwood.
PREPARING TO PLAY
Protect against infections:
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Wear a mask or face covering when entering and exiting the courts, or when entering the general club property for any reason.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle. All water fountains will be off.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible.
- Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- Please avoid touching any surfaces (gates, fences, balls, score signage, nets, etc). To reinforce these rules, the benches will be removed.
- Each member should bring a new can of her/his own tennis balls and only touch his/her tennis balls during play. Please mark your own tennis balls and/or use different colored tennis balls per side.
- If someone else’s ball ends up on your side of the court, please use your racquet or foot to move the ball over to your playing partner on the other side of the court.
- Members should bring his/her own water, sunscreen, and towel.
- Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- When playing doubles, please coordinate with your partner to maintain physical distancing.
- When finished playing, please wear a mask or face covering while leaving the court.
For more information on safe play please review the USTA guidelines here
- Members will need to book a court in advance through the online registration system to play. Click here for reservations (requires login with your Westwood member account).
- Members will wait off of the court until her/his court is available to play.
- Members can make same-day court reservations, if time slots are available. Please book online before you come to the club.
- Court reservation times will be for one hour blocks.
- Members must exit the club when the playing time has ended. Please do not socialize inside the courts.